Riello UPS Master MPS series UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) devices ensure maximum protection and power quality for any type of load, especially for mission-critical applications, security systems and electro-medical equipment, industrial processes and telecommunications.
Riello UPS Master Plus is an on-line double conversion UPS (class VFI SS 111 in accordance with IEC EN 62040-3) with a transformer isolated inverter.
Riello UPS Master MPS makes powering UPS devices by power generators and MV/LV transformers easier and more efficient, reducing loss in systems and coils and correcting the power factor and eliminating harmonics by the loads powered by the UPS itself.
In addition to this, the progressive start-up of the rectifier and the possibility of reducing the recharge current of the batteries, allow for the containment of the input current absorbed and therefore do not overload the source, especially when the source is a generator.
BATTERY CARE SYSTEM: MAXIMUM BATTERY CARE
Normally the batteries are kept charged by the rectifier; when mains power fails, the UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) uses this energy source to power its utilities. Therefore, proper battery care is critical to ensuring correct UPS operation in emergency conditions.
Battery Care System consists of a series of features and capabilities that allow for battery management in order to obtain the best performance possible and extend their operating life.
• Dual-level charging regime to optimize recharge currents and reduce charge times
• Temperature compensation and deep discharge protection to reduce overall battery ageing
• Charge blocking system to reduce electrolyte consumption and lengthen the life of VRLA batteries
• Battery tests to diagnose, in advance, any reduction in performance or problems with the batteries.
Master MPS is also compatible with different battery technologies: vented open lead acid, VRLA AGM and NiCd.
Riello UPS Master MPS is suited to all types of applications, from computers to the most demanding industrial environments.
Thanks to the broad range of accessories and options, complex architectures and configurations can be created to ensure maximum power to critical loads:
expansions (in redundancy or power) may be made in already-operating parallel systems, even without having to switch off any UPS that are already operating and thus, maintaining power to utilities.
UGS and PSJ devices also ensure redundancy in the downstream distribution of the parallel system, creating a “selective” system that provides power to other connected utilities even when there are failures on one utility.
MAXIMUM RELIABILITY AND AVAILABILITY
Distributed or centralised parallel up to 8 units per redundant (N+1) or power parallel. A parallel between models with different power levels is possible. Maximum levels of availability also in the event of an interruption to the parallel bus cable: the system is “FAULT TOLERANT”.
It is not affected by connection cable faults and continues powering the load without a continuity solution, signalling the anomaly with an alarm.
• UGS - UPS Group Synchroniser Allows 2 or more non-parallel UPS devices to remain synchronised even during mains power failure. The UGS also enables a Riello UPS to be synchronised with another power source that is independent and of a different power rating.
• PSJ - Parallel Systems Joiner Connects two UPS groups in parallel, hot (without output discontinuity) through a power coupling switch. A UPS group (slave) is permanently synchronised to the Master group both when the mains supply is present or not present (thanks to the UGS synchronising device). If there is a failure on one of the UPS devices in parallel, it is cut-off. The PSJ will automatically connect the remaining UPS to the other group in parallel via an external bypass, in order to ensure the redundancy of the load.
EASE OF INSTALLATION
Riello UPS Master MPS requires only a very small space for installation (only 0. 64 sqm for a 200KVA system); in addition, front access allows servicing of all major components from the front panel, making side access unnecessary. Given the upwards ventilation, Master Plus can be placed up against a wall, reducing the space to be left free, necessary in the event of the flow of hot air coming out the rear.
The UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) can be adapted to meet your requirements. Contact TEC to discuss the feasibility of specific solutions and options not listed in the catalogue.
• Compatible with Tele guard for teleassistance.
• Advanced communication, multiplatform, for all operating systems and network environments: Supervision and shutdown PowerShield3 software for Windows operating systems 7, 2008, Vista, 2003, XP, Linux, Mac OS X, Sun Solaris, Linux, Novell and other Unix operating systems
• UPS is supplied with a cable for direct PC connection (Plug and Play)
• RS232 double serial port
• Slot for network adapter installation; ESD contact (Emergency Switching Device) for switching off the UPS by remote emergency button
• Remote led mimic panel or graphic display